Today I am going to discuss all about bootstrap like what is bootstrap? How it works? Advantages and disadvantages of bootstrap.
I understand it like a “bootstrap”. Yes, a bootstrap is the only thing that keeps your boots in a manageable and good looking way. Same like that bootstrap twitter has done it. Twitter developers were tired to keep different kinds of tools and files to manage their services at twitter. They stand for it and got a great solution for themselves and the entire world.
Thanks twitter to give us such a great solution in web development.
How it works?
Bootstrap has solved this problem. Now you can works on grids like a geek. You can find out many websites on internet which are using bootstrap. It divides your website in 12 columns. Every columns has 40px width and 20px empty place. Now you can understand the situation. Given below table shows us 940px width of a website.
Now it’s upon up to you how you to use bootstrap as a geek and shape it out in corporate and professional way.
Advantages of Bootstrap
2. The second and most attractive option of bootstrap is customization. You can customize it with your own way. Just sit and change entire code as you want. Some developers exhausted to change codes, this is not for them.
3. Now, have a short look on design factors.
i) Consciously or unconsciously we use grids in our web developing designs. Bootstrap make it easier than ever. If you dislike grids you can do it yourself by editing the same files. Bootstrap has 940px default width with 12 grid columns. In which a single column contains 40px with 20px of empty space. It means it has 60px over all. You can also change these widths as per your requirements.
ii) Second one is very amazing, I love this option. It corrects error automatically which were made by developer by mistake. For example, if you have done something wrong by mistake and it is effecting another span then bootstrap will automatically correct it at their original space. It means bootstrap will save you from a big crash.
4. Twitter faced big problem in development. It was too much hard to maintain both developer front and end-user front. They have solved this problem as a central CSS with bootstrap. Now you can notice same view in cross browsers and different situations.
5. Bootstrap team is working as quickly as can be possible. Wherever they found a bug or any query they started work on at their earliest. For example we can see the example of JQuery. JQuery is updating twice in a year. You can see the bootstrap’s updated version to confirm it.
6. Another killer option you can avail with bootstrap. If you have a site already live and you want to change it as an ironic CSS and amazing style. You are also willing to use bootstrap. You can do it easily with copy your own file CSS settings and link it with bootstrap file. It is too easy to say. Once you integrate bootstrap with your live site after that you can play with CSS as your own wish.
7. An additional attractive option you will get is responsiveness. Yes, every bootstrap based site is responsive. You can use it without hesitation.
8. You are not going to face any difficulty in near future because bootstrap is using advance technologies such as CSS3 and HTML5. You know very well that both of them are suppose to be backbone of future web development industry. So, it may be future web development star.
9. A website can’t be complete without basic HTML elements such as headings, forms, buttons, lists etc. You can check out the stylize basic HTML elements in bootstrap
10. Bootstrap also have most must have components for a website such as:
ii) Button groups
iii) Navigation bar
v) Labels & badges
vii) Progress bar
viii) And many others
11. Bootstrap is not only stronger in design and structures but it also more powerful in documentation. Most of his competitors don’t have good documentation.
Disadvantages of Bootstrap
1. Bootstrap has only one grid structure. It may be cause of similarity in most of bootstrap based sites. That’s not a big disadvantage but it is hard to get originality.
2. Your entire form should be wrapped in a <form> tag. After that it’s recommended by Bootstrap to wrap your elements in <fieldset> tags with an additional <legend> tag.
<legend>Supermarket goods </legend>
<em>(your fields go here)</em>
I have done a project with bootstrap last week and I have found it great. What do you think about bootstrap? Share your experience in comments box.